I had someone contact me last week, who had just started reading The Blood Sugar Solution, with questions about breakfast. I’m not a firm believer in the whole ‘breakfast is the most important meal of the day’ thing, so before the TBS detox my breakfasts looked like this:
Occasionally a Lara bar, Nature Valley packet of something, or smoothie, but that would be closer to noon anyway. So the idea of having a real breakfast everyday didn’t sound very appealing. It’s still taking a little getting used to, but I’ve figured out that if I don’t eat something within an hour of getting up for the day that I’m STARVING when I get back from my morning walk.
I decided to track my breakfast everyday this week so you can get an idea of what eating this way looks like. None of these are time-consuming, especially with a little day-before prep work.
- Scrambled eggs over a saute of onion, hot pepper and white zucchini.
- Coconut, almond, banana smoothie.
- Vegetarian hash with 2 eggs, over-easy.
- Scrambled eggs with sautéed spinach, shallots & pinto beans.
- Coconut chia pudding with sliced bananas and honey.
- Omelet with sautéed mushroom, hot pepper, sweet potato, zucchini and green onion, topped with a fresh tomato, olive oil, s&p
- Fried polenta squares with fresh peaches, honey & cinnamon.
If you’d like the recipe to any of these just leave a comment!